Monday, October 1, 2007

About this Blog

My name is Keith and my wife and I live in Southern Illinois where we hunt and raise Whitetail Deer. I am also starting my own taxidermy business. We love everything about Whitetails and spend a lot of time with the ones we raise (when its not hunting season of course) The deer we rasie are our pets and we are starting a small breeding business to try and recoup some of the costs of keeping them. Currently we have 2 grown does and we are bottle feeding 2 buck fawns and 1 doe fawn. We are in the process of expanding our deer pen to accomadate a few more deer. This blog is going to be dedicated to all things Whitetail. I will be posting on the different aspects of rasing deer, hunting deer, and doing taxidermy. During hunting season I will be keeping up to date on what I see and what I shoot.

>

9 comments:

Editor said...

Good luck, all the hunting bloggers are eagerly waiting to find out more about raising whitetail deer.

Cash said...

Something I can't understand is how someone can raise deer and hunt deer? What IS the point? Does one feel like more of a "MAN" by doing this? I think I might raise dogs and go out and hunt them or use them in dog fights... seems pointless doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

nice post

visit this dog site
Dogs - breeds information - dog breeds

Unknown said...

Good luck with the fawns and don't worry about the post by cash,
sounds like an anti hunter to me.

DEERFARMER said...

Hey Keith, I just started my own blog recently and was looking around at others and found yours. This is really strange because I also am an avid bow hunter, raise deer in Il.,have been a taxidermist for 28 years,and the final kicker, I also have a son named Hunter. I think we should talk. I hope you dont look like me.

Dyani Sangnier said...

your dates are sort of old, are you still working with the white tail deer fawns?

Adamshatch said...

Hey Keith - just searching around looking for info on Deer and found your site! You got that kid out there hunting yet :) I first took my son when he was about 4. If you get a chance check out my site onthe whitetail deer if you get a chance! Good hunting!!

CRogers said...

Hey Keith, doesn't look like you've updated the blog in a while, but I've read some of your posts and enjoyed them. If you get a minute, maybe you could take a look at my site and see if you might add it to your favorites links. Thanks. My Hunting Games.com

spike said...

Wow what an Awesome plan you got going, raising deer. I hunt www.peartreegameranch.com for deer. Bottle feeding a deer can be cool, been there done that. Good luck with your adventures.